Keeping Helm Windows Open

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnkn

Reaction score
The front windows on my 2820 will not stay up and open when the boat is at speed regardless on how much I crank down the knobs. Anyone have a solution other than me sticking something in the opening to hold it open? Thanks

The front windows on my 2820 will not stay up and open when the boat is at speed regardless on how much I crank down the knobs. Anyone have a solution other than me sticking something in the opening to hold it open? Thanks
I do not have a solution but I have the exact same problem on my 2820. You would think parker could come up with a better system. those band clamps are useless.

In wonder if the rods on either side could each be drilled in 5-6 places and the knobs be replaced with something that would project into a hole to lock it.

I used 5 inch long heavy plastic sleeves/spacers used for the huge nail that holds up household rain gutters. Cut to length, cut a groove and snap them on. Windows not going anywhere.

Thank you, it’s a shame something was designed so poorly., take care.....

Fixed the problem. I drilled 5 holes in the left and right rods to insert pins. In this pic, the pin in the other rod is actually in a lower hole to hold the window open in order to better see the pin pictured. Works perfectly. I put the pins on small lanyards and have an extra on the boat.

I00CRc.jpg

Back