Kicker Engine

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pagoda64

Reaction score
I am about ready to take delivory on my 2510WA. 250 4-Stroke. I am having a kicker 15 4-Stroke put on. They have not started the work yet and I am thinking of not putting the kicker on. Any thoughts around adding a kicker???

Although I've never needed my kicker for emergency purposes it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing I'll have power if the main engine goes..... I have the 9.9 high thrust. Works great. I have electric start but it can be pull started if bats are dead.

I vote get it!

Richard

Hard for us to provide guidance.

Will you use the boat offshore at all? The F250 seems to be a very reliable motor, but it only takes one time for it to conk out in a tight spot to make it worthwhile.

If you do a lot of trolling and you can troll with the kicker you can keep a lot of hours off the big motor. I have over 500 hours on my F225 and at least 1/2 are from trolling.

Get the kicker motor. I have a 15 HP 4-stroke Yamaha on my 2510, and it really helps to troll for flounder when the current is too slow. I have also used it during the week to troll for stripers, but seldom use it for stripers on crowded weekends because it is harder to change boat directions quickly using the big motor as a rudder. I got it as an insurance policy to get home if the big motor conks out, and I use it regularly so I know it will be there if I need it to get home. It has helped catch a lot of fish more economically and saves the big motor for higher speed work.
Several friends who have flounder fished with me have decided to get kicker motors for their boats after seeing their effectiveness in covering the water on slow current days.
Tom :D

Back