Kicker Engine

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pagoda64

Reaction score
I am about ready to take delivory on my 2510WA. 250 4-Stroke. I am having a kicker 15 4-Stroke put on. They have not started the work yet and I am thinking of not putting the kicker on. Any thoughts around adding a kicker???

If the kicker is to slow troll with, your 250-4 Yamaha will idle all day smooth as silk.

If the kicker is to provide a back-up for power, when's the last time your car/truck motor cut off while driving down the road ? (not to mention all the single engine airplanes).

The only reason I'd have for a kicker on my boat would be for slow trolling.

After spending a lot of time installing and testing props for better holeshot and cruise, I now find that it's tough for me to slow down enough @ 800 rpm to stay below 3 kts. :roll:

It's always something! :)

Thinking of adding a kicker on my 2120 sc for backup. Fishing fairly remote areas of Baja. Any reccomendations or thought? Thanks.

Megabyte":3ubcgelh said:
After spending a lot of time installing and testing props for better holeshot and cruise, I now find that it's tough for me to slow down enough @ 800 rpm to stay below 3 kts.

Which prop did you finally end up with Kevin? The last installment I remember was in May, when you had three finalists? (Not trying to hijack the thread here, just curious. Maybe you can resurect the Prop Testing thread and give us some "closure") 8)

Actually I ended up with a 'tweeked' Merc Mirage Prop.

Image-5CD0E4B2DA2F11DA.jpg

I bought it from BW23 on THT and he didn't have the full specs... but it's essentially a 15x17 SS that has had some added 'cup' at some point.

This prop bites well!
Of course... that is what causes me a bit of distress when I'm trying to slow troll. :roll:
It bites a little too well! :)

Back