kicker motor install 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

army

Reaction score
I have a 99 2520dv with single Suzi 300. I want to install 25hp kicker on the deck. My concern is weight and support for the deck. All opinions and experiences/suggestions are appreciated.

albiejunkie":1vlgc2br said:
If you don't need to go more than 6 knots, a 9.9 will do just fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I certainly agree also. However I own a very very low hour 25hp and would like ($$$) to use it if workable. I could try to sell and may opt to do that. If workable I was hoping in case of primary engine problem I could have a safer bar crossing return.

Brent, I appreciate your input. does M2cw mean me too can't wait??? Where we fish is 25 to 40 miles offshore and our weather and tides can change rapidly and put us in a pickle with no power backup. We use multiple weather/wave forecasts but even they can error.

Brent, thank you, humor this old man.

I’m a firm believer in a backup plan. Seatow and other towing services are not available in my area and I prefer to be self reliant when possible. I have a kicker and will always have one as long as I own a single engine vessel. I’ve been caught out 25 miles with engine problems before and it’s a scary feeling.

Do you have an Offshore bracket or is your outboard mounted to the stern? If you have a bracket, you would want a fixed mount to your platform. Weight shouldn’t be an issue for a 25 hp on an Armstrong bracket. If you know someone who welds, you could fabricate a bracket pretty easy, or you could buy something like I have, but they don’t give them away. I think I paid around $350-400! But it’s sturdy as hell. I do have an extra one I picked up but I don’t know if it’s rated for 25 hp but I can’t think they weigh too much to bend 1/4” aluminum.
c1769bf9c89df4a5443114013329d753.jpg

A 25hp is not necessary. The horsepower you need to push past displacement speed is significant.

I had a 9.9hp Yamaha hi-thrust kicker on my 2520DV with bracket and would get 6.5mph out of it, plenty to "get home" and trolling.

John_Madison CT":3bf865zl said:
A 25hp is not necessary. The horsepower you need to push past displacement speed is significant.

I had a 9.9hp Yamaha hi-thrust kicker on my 2520DV with bracket and would get 6.5mph out of it, plenty to "get home" and trolling.
I concur

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back