Kicker question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djam

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a kicker for my 2320 for a while, but other than the extra weight and a small amount of extra maintenance, are there any downsides to getting a 9.9HT kicker? The boat is a 2017 and has a 300 (with 284hrs on it). I do troll sometimes, but not exclusively.

I just installed a Yamaha T9.9 on my 2320. So far I love it. It does a cause a slight list to that side but easily remedied by load balancing. We fished this past weekend and put approximately 20 hours on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the theft scenario I have a bar that slides over the clamps and locks it in place. The lock is recessed into the bar making the lock impossible to cut by a bolt cutter.

I do troll sometimes, but not exclusively.

Then Why bother?

My boat came from Maine. It had one on it. It's the First thing I removed and sold from the boat.

Granted each boaters situation is different. Personally for the area I primarily use my vessel I feel a kicker motor is an excellent (and responsible) idea. It not only keeps many hours off of your big engine while trolling but significantly reduces your fuel consumption as well. Additionally it provides a secondary means of propulsion if you have engine trouble with your main. Some of the areas I fish/boat are fairly remote and do not have cell phone service, so for me the peace of mind having a secondary means of propulsion is priceless. Having engine trouble 20+ miles offshore and no secondary option is a scary situation (I’ve been there).

mheltunen":2n47kgka said:
Granted each boaters situation is different. Personally for the area I primarily use my vessel I feel a kicker motor is an excellent (and responsible) idea. It not only keeps many hours off of your big engine while trolling but significantly reduces your fuel consumption as well. Additionally it provides a secondary means of propulsion if you have engine trouble with your main. Some of the areas I fish/boat are fairly remote and do not have cell phone service, so for me the peace of mind having a secondary means of propulsion is priceless. Having engine trouble 20+ miles offshore and no secondary option is a scary situation (I’ve been there).

I agree 100% my 2014 9.9 high thrust yamaha used under 3 gallons after trolling for 12.5 hours. pushing a 7000# boat. Plus the piece of mind.

Back