Last Gasp in the Chesapeake

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
With the end of the Rockfish season happening tomorrow, I was fortunate to hop a ride with good friends for a day of fishing today.
We hopped aboard the "Breezin Thru" out of Kentmoor at about 0800 and headed out running 10 lines off of planer boards.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Bloody Marys with Old Bay on the rim, and breakfast aboard! Yum!

web.jpg

web.jpg

First fish aboard was mine. A fatty at 27".

web.jpg

Saw a lot of these boats out there today.

web.jpg

This boat is 62 years old and has a refrigerated fish box. Not only that, but it has this... !

web.jpg

It was like a lake on the Bay today.

web.jpg

FISH ON !

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Here we go again!

web.jpg

Fillets for everyone!

web.jpg

Great pics kev looks like you a nice hearty breakfest too!!

I love the keg spout thats a real boat!!

Those pictures tell the story of a great day. Real nice. Some of those rods have me curious. The guides start out as on a normal conventional rod but then spin to 180 degrees on the blank. Is that a normal custom rod in your area? How do they perform?

Primo":3ddhcwbk said:
Some of those rods have me curious. The guides start out as on a normal conventional rod but then spin to 180 degrees on the blank. Is that a normal custom rod in your area? How do they perform?

I noticed that as well, but never thought to ask the Capt why.
The did work well tho... no issues all day. I'll have to ask next time I see him.

Cool. I'll take a look at the local fishing/outdoor shows this winter to see if any are available in my area. 8)

Kevin - looks like you had a great day. Do you have any pictures of the boat? Looks like a cool rig.

pmeggers":ywfrqgtv said:
any more pics of the boat?

Sure!
These were taken this past August when Breezin Thru joined us during the 6th Annual Chesapeake Rendezvous.
See what you missed? :)

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

The boat is a 62 year old woodie that has been fiberglassed and very well maintained.
It's the only deadrise I've ever seen with a refrigerated fish box and beer tap. 8)

pmeggers":2z8iyq8u said:
any interior shots? this thing is pretty cool

No shots from below, but how about this?

web.jpg

The table is the motor box.
Power is a 440 Chrysler gas motor. :)

AED, Big Mouth Billy Bass and a beer tap......... what more could you want in a boat??? 8)

Sweet ride.

Back