Last Hurrah!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave-j

Reaction score
Been an up and down striper season in North Shore of Boston. With a few weekends of travel coming up and storms in the forecast, decided I was going to pull the boat on Sunday. Wanted to get out one last day, so Saturday was the day! Got to the dock with a solid 20-25 kts out of the north and BIG seas. Normally, we'd say no thanks and go back to doing yard work or whatever normal people do in the fall. But...

Cruised through the harbor and picked up a bait well full of macs. Can't let those go to waste. Left Marblehead harbor into solid four footers (sailed my whole life, I know that 90% of folks exaggerate wave height) breaking randomly. Four footers are a LOT of wave. Had a few sets that were even higher. My buddy and I worked our way around the corner to a sheltered beach and started swimming the macs. Just over our shoulders, the waves were crashing, but here was protected and the wind made for some great drifts.

The fish were stacked up in the calmer water and we had a blast! Not another boat in sight all day. Landed a bunch of keepers, including the attached 40". Kept one 30" for dinner and the rest went back. Great way to end the season. Of course, while pulling the boat yesterday the seas were flat and the wind was nowhere to be seen!

Attachments

• Striper resized.JPG
    Striper resized.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 187
Back