Last Shot at Stellwagen

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave-j

Reaction score
Sunday was our last shot on the bank for this year. Forecast was for the wind to lie down along with the seas. Saturday late afternoon certainly didn't seem like it, but Sunday was supposed to be great.

Forecast was (surprisingly) correct. Left dock at 5:45, lines in water at 6:30, reel singing at 7:10, fish landed by 7:30, bled, gutted and on our way home by 7:45.

Perfect!

Picture didn't attach the first time, let's try again...

Attachments

• IMGP0262 (Small).JPG
    IMGP0262 (Small).JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 146
Nice work Dave!
I am hoping I get one more weekend out on the bank before shutting it down for the season.
Lemme guess...... white sluggo?

Thanks! We only got three tuna on my boat this year, but didn't go out a whole lot. There was a week or two in August where we weren't even seeing them when we went out.

Yes, white 9" unweighted sluggo trolled about 75 yards back. I have to say that the simplicity of the sluggos vs. squid bars and all is pretty nice.

we came in early because my buddy put the ice in the bait well while loading up the boat and forgot about it. I didn't turn off the seacock and the bait well filled up while underway and melted all of our ice! Just like the Andrea Gail, we rushed back before the fish spoiled (although with much better results!).

Lastly, it was pretty cold on the way out, but the curtains with bat wings kept us all cozy and out of the wind. Makes a huge difference for fall fishing around here.

Back