Late 90's 2501

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bfox76

Reaction score
Morning Everyone,

As much as I would love to own a newer 2500 SE, Im just not sure I want to have the huge financing note associated with it for 15 years.

So I have started looking at cleaner late 90's early 2000's 2501s. Many boats I have found have ox66 engines or HPDI's. So they would make good boats for a repower. And I would do it with a single 300.

Just curious what I should be on the lookout for with regards to Parker's from that era. Any red flags I should look out for?

Really appreciate the advice any of you can offer me. This boat search is a lot tougher than I had anticipated.

Best,

BRAD

I am not an expert on Parker boats but I have read about fuel tank rot on olderboats on this forum. No easy way to confirm thst without tearing up the deck. Do a smell test of the bilge and pull pie plates for a visual inspection.

I would not be afraid of the HPDI engine. They make great power, weigh less and are supposed to get equal mpg as a 4 stroke.

Back