leak from aft deck to bilge area 23 ft 2006 pilot house

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyper striper

Reaction score
hoping some one can chime in, trying to stop washdown water from entering the bilge area by the batterys and washdown pump area, the area that leaking is between the bottom of the aft cooler and the cover the goes between the bottom of the cooler and the floor, there is a gap about 1/4 inch wide that you can look into the bilge area, and when you use the washdown hose it puts a lot of saltwater into the bilge and sprays all over the wires, any ideas ? as i plan on using a tube of marine silcone, as this is the best i can come up with, hope some one has a idea thanks shawn from ludlow mass

my fix....works good. still allows good ventilation for the batteries. you'll also find that by getting rid of the silcone seal to the deck, it eliminates the trapped water between the spray shield and lip behind it.

Attachments

• img_0375_574.jpg
    img_0375_574.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 585
  • img_0376_779.jpg
    img_0376_779.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 585
jim what type of matriel did you use for the top lip and bottom edge, thanks looks great just what im looking for shawn ludlow mass

Hi Shawn:

you know.....i pondered over many a beer as to what to use there and how to attach it. one day i was at the marine salvage yard, and spotted a storage trailer full of rub rails, molding and such. sorry i can't be more specific, but it is simply a piece of marine grade hard rubber matl likely used as a spray rail on the gunwale somewhere. it is "L" shaped and is mounted inverted with the bottom part of the "L" thru bolted under the splash guard lip. there is a bead of 4200 in there as well.

the bottom edge is TACO edge trim obtained at WM. wish i could have gotten off white but it is either white or black.

it is nice to have that splash guard more readily removable so you can easily get to the pumps and other components behind it. BTW because the lip is recessed back under the fish box, it does keep the water out unless you are pointing the washdown nozzle straight back and 10 inches off the deck (which is not likely).

good luck.

thanks jim, it looks great, i try too find some mats, also looks like a after market hatch, not factory parker, can you fill me in. thanks shawn

Latest posts

Back