leaking hatch over the cuddy

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLA69

Reaction score
2120 sport cabin has a very bad leak in the hatch directly over the cuddy area of the pilothouse.Boat was surveyed and thanks to the downpour we had yesterday this leak was very obvious and ruined a cushion.It must have poured in as the surveyor said when the boat was cranked up higher on the trailer water just poured out of the bilge.Any one know what is involved in getting this fixed?

I dought it "Ruined" the cushion.

You remove the hatch......Clean all the sealer up......Rebed the hatch with 3M 4000UV.....Presto........It's fixed.

The inspection hatch on my 1800cc leaked and I replaced the rubber gasket and it still leaked but not as bad as before. I used a Turkey baster to slowly put water on the hatch to see exactly where on the hatch the water was entering into the bilge. Good luck in fixing the leak.
Grutus

I had the same thing on my 2320. I had a boat mechanic come out and take a look at it. He took silicone and sealed the seam where the window meets the boat. Problem solved. Clear silicone. You have the same thing....

pfish":zo3l36b4 said:
I had the same thing on my 2320. I had a boat mechanic come out and take a look at it. He took silicone and sealed the seam where the window meets the boat. Problem solved. Clear silicone. You have the same thing....

The boat is in the shop getting some maintenance on the motor.They are going to check it and get it sealed up.When I get the boat to Virginia I want to fish not work on the boat.

Back