Leaky Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plattapuss

Reaction score
My 05 2120 leaks badly in rough seas around the rub rail. My headliner is also falling down in the cabin. Do you guys think these things should be covered under waranty?

Is the hull still under warranty? If the the answer is yes I would think it would be cover. If the answer is no then why should it be? A boat warranty is no different than the warranty on a car or anything else. Warranty time is over so you are not covered.

That said, many manufacturers will cover items even if the warranty has recently expired. However, they are not legally requried to do so as any coverage beyond the warranty date is simply "good will" on their part. I know Yamaha has covered items on out of warranty engines on a case by case basis. If the warranty has recenty expired they are more likely to cover an item. On the other hand I know of cases with Yamaha where they have made an exception for one person but not another. The decision is sometimes based soley on the attitude of the customer. Remember, it is easier to attract flies with honey rather than vinegar as a manufacturer's representative may have a lot of lee way in what they decide.

I hope Parker covers you and they might as they are a great company.

Even if not warranty covered, both are pretty simple fixes.

Rubrail: Seal with black LifeCaulk, taping off area with 3M blue tape to leave a nice line.

Headliner: Put gorilla glue with a touch of water into a needle syringe and push through 1-spot and FAN OUT the glue with tiny pushes, so you get a circular adhesion pattern dispersed around your entry point. Before you glue, determine which way the liner needs to be pushed/pulled to lie flat to the roof contours.

[/b]

channel_surfer":kjx8i8z4 said:
It's an 05, Parker's have a 5 year hull warranty, let them fix it if you don't feel like doing it yourself.

Thats what I was thinking. Thanks

I had the same problems. For the rub rail i pulled the carpet away from the screw entry points and found more then a few emty holes. I sealed every hole icluding those with screw entries. Notified the dealer and he said he would also look at it. As far as the headliner goes, just do what you have heard in the previous message. Find your stretch limit making sure it will line up and use a good marine adhesive. I personally like the spray type as it will give if i need to remove it in the future. Glue might tear that carpet if it has to be removed.

I had both problems and I feel like the rub rail is a maintenance issue. They're sealed up pretty well at the factory and you have to touch them up over time. Pretty simple fix..

The roof carpeting is very frustrating and no simple fix.. Parker told me to take mine back to the dealer to get it fixed, but when you look at the details of making this right, you have to remove the old glue, re-spray with a good adhesive, taking into consideration the wiring that goes thru here and bolted on components... We ended up putting aluminum strips across the roof. But it's not confined to the cabin roof - the carpeting under the berthing area falls down, too.

We bought a new 2320SL and will probably trade it in about a year after the carpet falls.

I too had the problem with the falling carpet. I fixed mine with teak strips as shown in the picture

Attachments

• Spring 2006 Boat 017 (Small).jpg
    Spring 2006 Boat 017 (Small).jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 836
Anybody ever had a boat "reheadlinered"? I'm thinking about that for my Grady if it doesn't sell.

Back