Leaning Post Backrest

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foggylink

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm considering a leaning post backrest for my 23se. I guess it slips into the two outermost rocket launchers on the seat, and I will lose the use of them. Can clamp-on rocket launchers be added somewhere on the backrest ? Or if you guys have a suggestion or photos ... thanks.

Foggy,

I just got one for my 2300 CCDV from Parker ($375.00) and it works great and looks great too,you should be able to find clamp on version of rod holders,but they will look sort of ackward,I would rather mount a couple on side of console.

Robert

You can also have a backrest welded to the existing leaning post, and not lose any rod holders.

jim

Attachments

• DSC00149.jpg
    DSC00149.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 867
That is Quality T-Top's handiwork in Tarpon Springs. That's my old 23 DV. Welding is one of those things I never learned.

jim

Foggy,
I had Birdsall Marine in West Palm Beach, Florida make a backrest for my 23SE. You'll need to tell them what angle your rod holders are for the correct angle of the backrest. They can weld rod holders on the backrest to replace the two that you lose. They'll even match the material that is on your leaning post. I had it in a week. They were some real nice folks.

Charlie,
Eden, Md.

Foggy:

It's just matching aluminum tubing with two 90 degree bends and a welded in support bar going side to side for bottom support for the backrest. Quality T-Tops then cut the bottom of the tubes at an angle and welded in place to the factory leaning post so as not to interfere with the existing four rod holders.

Print the pic and take it down to your local marine fabrication shop. Pretty simple design that can probably be easily duplicated. Good luck.

jim

Thanks Guys,

I've got one of the best places around about 2 miles down the road. I have a reason to stop in now ! Thanks again ...

:D

Latest posts

Back