leaning post conversion

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fphillips

Reaction score
I own a 2007 23SE that has 2 capt. chairs mounted on a live well. I would like to convert the chairs to a leaning post. From my research I have been able to come up with only one solution: a Todd Universal Leaning Post which would allow me to use my existing pedestals (2 7/8" diameter and about 25" center to center). Since my existing pedestals sit on a live well I am guessing I will have to shorten the pedestals on the Todd to bring it down to the level of my derriere. Anyone tried this conversion? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Looks like it would work to me. I dont think you would have to change the height of the base because you want the leaning post a little higher so you can lean on it and not have it hit you too low then you can sit up on top of it and be able to see over the console. Not sure how your livewell opens but that might be the only issue.

I came to the same conclusion on my 21SE but have yet to pull the trigger. Please post if you decide to do it and let us know how it came out. I will probably wait till next year to attempt this.

hes got a point for 600 you could probably have someone local to you make something custom and put whatever you want on it.

I have a 99 2100 DV CC and am looking to do the same thing.I contacted Parker and they make a conversion kit available at the local dealership. My dealer quoted me $1330.I may give the company in NC a call then compare with local custom fabricators. Either way let us know what you come up with.Thanks
Jerrry

Hey guys i was thinking about this in the future and did some research....there is actually a few shops out there who make this already so people like us who have seats and eventually want a lean post can just slide the lean post over our existing seat posts and transfer back n forth when need be. Im pretty sure when i asked i was quoted $800 and yes the glass n vinyl match!!!!!

Back