lenco tabs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Faithful

Reaction score
I know parkers come with Lenco's. My boat came with volvo QL tabs and while they are great when they work, I have now had my 3rd problem with them in the last year. I am done and swapping out tabs before I waste more money and time on the QL's. I wanted Bennetts but I would need to custom order external lines and fittings because the transom on my boat is so thick due to the coring material used. I am told that I may just be better off going with Lencos because I mostly trailer and I can get off the shelf kits.

Are you guys having good luck with the lencos for the most part?

Bennett upgrade my install kit with internal lines, no need for external lines regardless of how thick your transom is. Access can be an issue to be sure, but thickness? No way ... just a longer bronze nipple is needed.

I would agree that Lenco would be a faster install. But for long-term reliability and longevity, you can't beat Bennetts.

I have the best of both.........superior Bennet blades/hinge design and Lenco electric actuators with led position indicators. I don't care for hydraulic activated systems.

Attachments

• Library - 0811.jpg
    Library - 0811.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 385
grouperjim":r2vjmhgh said:
I have the best of both.........superior Bennet blades/hinge design and Lenco electric actuators with led position indicators. I don't care for hydraulic activated systems.
You know, I was thinking of that, as clearly the Bennett engineered tab design is far superior. One reason why I prefer hydraulics is that if the system reaks whilst offshore, one can still retract the tabs via hydraulics, whereas the electric actuator could be stuck down ... which is a dangerous situation in a following sea.

I also have the best of both worlds but to the next level.

http://www.easternmarine.com/media/down ... _specs.pdf

I have the bennett tabs, lenco actuators and still have the bennett switch and harness. It is the simplest system you could ever want and I can troubleshoot it in 5 minutes testing everything. The lenco motors just have two wires. Hook it up to the battery one way and it goes up, reverse it and it goes down. The bennett switch is very rugged and the system is so simple. I can swap out an actuator in the water in 20 minutes or so.

DaleH":21hj0jou said:
........one can still retract the tabs via hydraulics, whereas the electric actuator could be stuck down ... which is a dangerous situation in a following sea.

........mine also have the "auto retract" feature anytime power is turned off or interrupted.

Here a quick video done by someone who retrofitted some Lenco actuators to existing Bennet blades. A fairly common thing. The guts of the Lenco actuators are essentially a sealed large stainless screw that turns and drives the piston up/down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2XEfNdbu5s

FWIW the Bennet blades are superior due to their solid hinge design that eliminates the Lenco spot welded piano hinge which allows water to spray through. The Bennets can be mounted flush with the hull, whereas the Lenco blades require you to come up about 1/4 inch or so.

grouperjim":1cj2askf said:
Those taps are flat. Whats the diff. with the ones that are bent on 3 sides ?

We have Lenco's on 4 different boats, never had a problem.

Except once when someone stepped on it while swimming. (Not a boat owner.)

Back