LENCO trim tab issue

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmeggers

Reaction score
Well, the first issue of 2011 has appeared. My starboard trim tab is having a serious hardware issue. It is has partially disconnected where where the tab (hinge part) meets the metal part attached to the hull of the boat. This is creating a monsterous rooster tale, part of which is shooting a fire house stream of water directly towards the engine...right to the engine cover rubber seal.

The boat is a 2007, purchased new in 2009. Boats Inc is claiming I have 30 days left under the warranty but that Lenco, because of when the boat was purchased (years later from its production), may not honor the warranty.

To make matters worse it is expected Lenco takes their sweet time in responding to the warranty requests - and then an exact tab from the manufactur date has to be ordered (another week +).

This is NOT good considering the cod bite (62 cod on Friday).

Anyone have any ideas??? Boats Inc offered to remove the tab but this would provide for quite the interesting ride.

I had an issue with a lenco tab a few years ago i contacted lenco myself and they overnighted me the part. My boat was out of commision for all of about 10 hours. They are a great company i reccomend contacting them yourself nothing against boat inc but at the end of the day they are a dealer and nothing is ever free. Just my .02

Forgot to mention everything was free of charge shipping and part and i didnt have a recipt to prove date of purchase. Een though the tAbs where only a year old. Great customer service

Mike,

That's really great to know.

Now that the dealer is involved do you guys think I should just keep pushing them, and if nothing is done in a few days, take matters in to my own hands?

Boats Inc is very good about getting things done - it's just a very busy time of year.

I NEED TO GET BACK TO THOSE COD

Based on my experience with lenco as i explained above I would go directly to them, you would have had your part already. Boats Inc this time of year im sure is super busy with everyone wanting to get in the water. a broken trim tab that they are not going to make any money on im sure is not top on there list if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I hear you.

Now the fiasco of getting the exact information from Boats Inc without making them feel I am going behind their backs.

Just call Lenco and explain what you explained in your first post, they sent me a brand new control arm because mine came apart

Thanks to the advice of Mike, I called LENCO. The woman answering the phone was great. While my issue "isnt covered by warranty" she will replace this firm issue. It seems this is due to a stray current eating away at my boat...an issue for the last year I cannot solve.

Unfortunately, I do not know the size of my tab up front, so Boats Inc is looking into it and calling me back. If it is the 12 then they will have to be cut, then mailed out. If it is the 14, then it can be mailed out right away.

Hopefully I can get this solved ASAP. Need the Cod before the worms invad.

Just dealt with Lenco cs yesterday on an out of warranty issue and they are fantastic. I wouldn't even bother talking with the dealer. Lenco probably knows exactly which tab you need.

PS, it's just cod so if the boat is dry docked for a few days you can buy some fish sticks at the grocery store :lol:

PPS, can't you just look under there and measure the tab?

Haha, I just want to fish!

And no, I cant measure (but I did find out the size, 10x14). I am in MA right now, and the boat is sitting in the sun on beautiful day in CT.

I also want to use as much as possible before June/July are consumed with studying for this dreaded Bar Exam.

I had a Lenco actuator fail shortly after the warrantee ran out and contacted Lenco myself. They asked I ship the part to them and they shipped me a replacement no charge. They were more than fair with me.

Back