Lenco Trim Tabs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dabbie7

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm down on the Outer Banks and fished today around the Oregon Inlet bridge and the Mann's harbor bridge as well. The ocean was pretty slow, so we stayed in. On the way back in my stock trim tabs on my 2310 quit working. Both are out and not making a sound, totally dead. By the time I got in it was dark and the family wanted home quick, so I didn't have any time to check out the problem. Can anyone tell me where the fuse is and what type it is on a 2310, (2004 model), so I can pick one up this evening before going back out early tomorrow? I'm hoping that's all it is, but will have to check things out in the morning. Thanks!

Can't help with the type or location of the fuse, but when you locate it, buy more than one at an auto parts store (much cheaper than x-marine). :)

Reason is... you might have water migration into one of the actuators. If that is the case, you will probably need more than one fuse before you find the source of the shorted part.

Good luck and good fishing! :wink:

Thanks Megabyte, I'm going to head back over to the marina in a few and figure out what I need. I'll let you know. Still in the three year warranty period, so if its a real problem, hopefully Lenco will step up!

Megabyte, I opened the panel and the very first fuse I looked at was the trim tab fuse and it was definately fryed. Replaced it and everything worked normally again. I'll pull her out tomorrow or Sunday and trailer back home. What should I be looking for to determine if I have a bigger problem - water migration etc.? Thanks

Dabbie7":3m5iu0s0 said:
I opened the panel and the very first fuse I looked at was the trim tab fuse and it was definately fryed. Replaced it and everything worked normally again. I'll pull her out tomorrow or Sunday and trailer back home. What should I be looking for to determine if I have a bigger problem - water migration etc.?

At this point, all you can do is to replace the fuse and see if you have further problems.

If you don't... that is good! :)
If you do... we'll try to troubleshoot for you. :wink:

Megabyte: Replaced the fuse and the tabs worked fine sitting in the slip just testing them. Went back out the next day and they were dead again, then half-way thru the day they just started working again. Checked the fuse, no problem, then started testing other things. Cabin overhead light, and horn were both inop. Checked the fuses and both were OK, and just spinning them around in the clips got both working again. I think it's time to pull all the fuses, clean up the contacts and replace the fuses. Any suggestions on what to spray on them after they go back in? Woody wax says to spray it on all electrical connections.

Woodys actually works well on electrical contacts, though not many people know that. If you have some Woodys, clean up the contacts and give em a spritz.

Most folks who don't have Woodys just use one of the CRC anti-corrosion products. Either product should work well once the contacts are cleaned up.

Congrats on finding the gremlin! :)

Back