Lewmar pro fish 700 won't release

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipedream

Reaction score
I tried to drop the anchor today. It started to release and stopped right away, I toggled up and down a few times and it popped the breaker. I tried again with same result. I didn't have time to work on it today, but will be back down in two weeks. Has anyone had a similar problem?

If you haven't used it in awhile you might have a little rust build up. Reset the breaker and hit the down button. Then go up and pull the rode or toss the anchor over board. Then spray some white lithium grease in there and repeat after the season. If it will not release and keeps tripping the breaker you will have to remove and send in for repair.

Thanks Lucky John, I will give it a try. I haven't used the anchor since May. I will let know if it works in a week or so.

I guarantee it will free up once you manually free it. It happens all the time after non use.

Went down to the boat today and tried to free it up manually ,with no luck. I will bring two long handle 1/2" ratchets next time. That thing is locked up tight. I put plenty of lube on it, just didn't have enough leverage with the little wrench that comes with the winch. I took the stop off and the motor moves in both directions so I think the motor is ok. I will try again this week. Thanks for your reply and I will let you know how it goes.

Did you use a pipe wrench or a 1/2" ratchet? I brought a 1/2" ratchet down but needed a short extension so the square will bottom out out. I did not want to damage the end cap with the square partially in. I am able to use winch to retrieve the anchor . I break it free next time I get back to the boat.

Back