LEWMAR PROFISH 700 NOT WORKING

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobkat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I HAVE BEEN USING MY PROFISH FOR CLOSE TO 2 YEARS WITHOUT ANY BIG PROBLEMS. TODAY I WENT TO RESET MY ANCHOR AND WHEN I HIT DOWN ON THE SWITCH, THE 50AMP CIRCUIT BREAKER TRIPS. HITTING THE UP ON THE SWITCH WORKS, BUT TOGGLING THE DOWN MAKES THE BREAKER TRIP. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INSIGHT OR SUGGESTIONS ON THIS PROBLEM? THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

Well my unit is three years old. This was my first problem with this unit. Seems Lewmar used defective springs on that pin on the side of the gypsy which eventually corrode and let water enter the gearbox. That how mine started and then crapped out all together. It was fixed under warranty by Merke Marine in Md.

Thanks John. I guess I am headed for the same thing. I did bypass the switch today and got it to go in both directions but I am trying to inspect the gypsy and can't get that outer profish Drive Cap off. I am using the wrench that came with the unit, with the plunger in and going counter clockwise but it's a no go. I think the cap got tightened too much. Have you ever removed that Drive cap? Any suggestions? Thanks again for the input.
Bob

My suggestion is send it in for repair. I have used Merke Marine in Md and they have gave me excellent service and very quick turn arounds as long as the parts are on hand.

Removed the unit today and brought it back to West Marine where I bought it and have a warranty with. They are sending out for repair. Thanks again!

I had some problems with oil leaking on my Lewmar 1000. I c0ntacted Lewmar and they replaced the unit free of charge. It was out of warranty. I would suggest you contact Lewmar. Good luck.

I just wanted to wind up this thread by saying that I brought the windlass to West Marine where I bought it. Turns out that I have a 5 year warranty on it and rather than have me wait for Lewmar to fix it, they gave me a brand new unit. Now that is customer service at its finest!

Latest posts

Back