liferaft for my Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLA69

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a liferaft for my 2310.I have a chance to buy a used one that has been serviced this year and has a three year service interval.How old is to old to buy used,this one is an 04 model but like i said serviced recently.Any thoughts welcome as i'm on the fence on this.

I would think that if a raft recently went through an inspection and re-packing, its service life should be indefinite.
If you'd like a second opinion from someone who sells life rafts, give Jim Maier a call at BOE Marine. 1-866-735-5926
Jim might also be able to tell you what that raft is worth.

Good luck!

I agree. A 2004 should be fine if serviced properly. Contact the manufacturer to get a life expectancy. Also, get a copy of the receipt from the vendor that serviced the raft. Reputable dealers will give an itemized receipt of what service was done including items that were inspected and replaced. My biggest concern was how to trust a vendor's word. You don't know what they actually did until you deploy the raft. Best I could do was contact some of the charter captains that use the vendor. I wound up going with Marine Safety Corporation out of Wall, NJ. A little on the expensive side but they did a real nice packing job and their customer service was great. They answered many of my questions before and after the service. They even offered to let me watch them deploy my raft and give me the items that they replaced. I was also able to watch them re-pack other rafts. If you are interested in contacting them, their number is (732)938-5668 and their website is: http://marinesafetycorporation.com/

Back