Lifting a 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
miky2884":2o3uta6y said:
What is there to rig???

I'm assuming you're asking where the hoist is located? The hoist is in Point Arena, Northern California. Basicly we install lifting eyes on the transom and somewhere near the bow, attach lifting straps and use the hoist attached to the pier to to lift the boat off the trailer and set it in the ocean. It's a hassle to get your boat "rigged" but once you do it's a great place to fish and dive. It's also nice not to have the trailer submerged in salt water. It limits the numbers of boats that fish out of the area, which can be a good thing. I will post pictures once completed but if someone has already installed the lifting eye's it would be nice to see.

Wish I had the guts to do that with my 2520.

I've seen them hoist bigger boats there at Pt. Arena including some of the urchin fleet. Fun to watch when it's someone else's boat!

JZumi
Sebastopol

Not uncommon in my area, tho not at quite that height. :shock:

Most use a bridle off the bow eye, then use the stern eyes.
Seems to work fine. :)

I installed a SS u bolt in each battery box backed up with a plate on the outside. This makes it easy to roll up the straps and store them without unhooking the straps from the boat each time. I got two plastic battery boxes to place the batteries in to eliminate the straps being exposed to acid. I use a one piece bow strap for the front and have starting attaching it to the bow eye! My Parker is a lot easier to lift than my old 26' striper WA. It not the ideal launching choice but it's run by the city and 35 miles closer than the next place. Plus one of the best fishing spots around. I landed over 100 salmon last year less than 4 miles from the hoist.

Ya your right, you shouldn't launch your boat here, much much too dangerous! Boats get dropped all the time!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 102

Latest posts

Back