LISTS TO THE STARBOARD SIDE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PF79

Reaction score
I purchased a new 2520 XLD recently and have noticed that while in the water it lists to the starboard side by about two inches. While under power I have to adjust the bow down on the port side constantly.I have carefully distributed the weight, has about 100 gallons of fuel onboard and the holding tank and water tank are empty. Anyone experience this problem?

My boat does the same, but not by 2", barely noticeable at rest.

I attribute it to the galley fresh water tank and all the rigging for the twin engines.

I offset it with fishing equipment on the port.

If it is brand new than water log hull or interior trapped water in one section unlikely. If not new did you get a survey. 2 inches sounds like more than equipment or rigging.

I bought a new 2002 2310 cuddy cabin boat brand new. The first time I put her in the water, the same thing happened. So I had a 60K brand new boat that did not "sit on her feet" properly. Now, I am a little OCD but, that drove me crazy. I wound up putting a freshwater tank on the port side to even her up. I have looked at all of the side steering station Parker boats since then and think it is simply more weight on the starboard side. As much as I like Parker's their claim to fame has always been "simple" tough boats. Seems like an easy enough problem to fix, and thought I was being picky when I complained. I sold the boat after a year as I was unhappy with that and other issues with it. I am now a happy Parker 23DVCC owner (That sits in the water properly because she is center console) but will say this, I have never seen a side steering Grady White list to starboard. Just saying......

Do you have a bracket? Ive noticed notched transom Parker's tend to list more then a hull with a bracket.

Nobplt":srf8oey0 said:
I have never seen a side steering Grady White list to starboard. Just saying......

We have an '01 Grady 192 dual console and it lists to stbd from day one. Stbd scupper is almost completely under, port is almost completely out. GW said "that's normal". Lots of weight on that side, and they made no effort to balance it.

BradH":j7gtkbr5 said:
Nobplt":j7gtkbr5 said:
I have never seen a side steering Grady White list to starboard. Just saying......

We have an '01 Grady 192 dual console and it lists to stbd from day one. Stbd scupper is almost completely under, port is almost completely out. GW said "that's normal". Lots of weight on that side, and they made no effort to balance it.

I stand corrected. I had a 1996 Grady White 23 Gulfstream for 4 years and never had that problem. I guess anything is possible. Just look around the marinas for yourselves.

My Parker 1801 had a list to the right - very annoying when running. I moved batteries to inside the console on the opposite side. This fixed most of the problem. Some of this (when running) may be due to engine rotational torque. I do not have trim tabs, but that would be a big help.

'96 2530 with I/O, starboard list at rest. I store heavier items on port at rest, not enough.

Don't worry, you are not alone. I have a 2520 XLD and have the exact same issue. I also have talked to others and it is common. The more you load it up with accessories and electronics the heavier it gets on the SB side. I even had a call from another boater at the dock one day telling me he was concerned as my boat was listing to the SB. I usually load all my personal and safety items to the port side to balance it a bit while at the dock. Mine is really loaded with electronics, Hyd steering, SB deck station etc so even worse.

Back