Live from the CBBT

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Faithful

Reaction score
Posting from my blackberry. We stink at eeling down here.(I need lessons from Richard) Caught no fish for the 2 hours we drifted eels. I got an email from my partner in crime crime (gw204) who is home with his new child to put away the slimy suckers and drag baits. That is what we did. We caught around 30 fish with the largest going a very fat 46" over 41lbs.

Trolling is on the agenda tomorrow to start with. .

Greg - I hate those slimy/slippery things anyway. Thanks for the report and good luck. I am leaving in a few hours to chase birds. I imagine I will be near your father - Avalon Shoals to the Five Fathom Bank. Be safe and tight lines.

Brad

You mean you are bluefish fishing on the 5 fathom bank (ha ha).

I have my dad and the owner of Big Tinber Bait and tackle with me and they were telling me of a mix of bluefin tuna with stripers while fishing the 5 fathom bank for "bluefish". Don't forget your heavy gear. Good luck.

If you are up and checking e-mail.... I'm shoving off at 6 am to head to 18 for the early morning eel bite... yesterday I got there on the tail end and nothing happened after 830.

Some lucky SOB caught a 67 lb rock yesterday... his first time out.. never caught a rock before... was weighed in at Chris's.

Glad you found the fish. I'll be out of the water by 10 today.

Richard

esfishdoc":2ctkrmqb said:
Some lucky SOB caught a 67 lb rock yesterday... his first time out.. never caught a rock before... was weighed in at Chris's.

Holy cr@p! 67 pounds!? :shock:

I'll bet he wasn't using a 2500 series Stradic... :wink:

I ran into B-Faithful captain and crew this morning at the ramp around 6. We beat the mad dash which probably ran from 7 to 8. I headed out to my favorite locations off 18 and like clockwork we had one in the boat at 8 am.... 40 inch fish. Around 830 we had one run and one battle but both came undone. By 845 we had a 38 inch fish in the boat and since it was gut hooked and there were only two of us we called it a day. ( we got away from all the boats and were southwest of the fleet by about 400 yards when we caught these fish )

The bigs one are still out there.... git em!

OBTW: One fish had an eel in the belly which had a torn face suggesting it was on a hook. The other fish had two eels with no signs of hooks.. and the fish had a bad eye!

Richard

B-Faithful":32acruk1 said:
We caught around 30 fish with the largest going a very fat 46" over 41lbs.

Congratulations 8) Will a picture be forthcoming?

Sat was tough day for us. We didnt find the bubba we had hoped for.

Eeling must not be for me at the CBBT. After talking to you at the ramp, my father and his buddy wanted to give it another whirl. (as you saw) We eeled until about 8:30 amongst the masses at 18 and we didnt even get a run off. We fished 4 Lines with 3 on bobbers at different depths and one on the bottom. We even started outside the fleet and did nothing. Most of the day we trolled big baits and umbrella rigs along the bidge like the day before. However the crowds were pretty crazy and there was no bubba to be found. 3 Smaller fish for our efforts. We headed back to the ramp by 3 as we feared long lines with a late afternoon haul out since it was so crowded. There were some big fish brough in by eelers on Sat so it is something we will have to figure out. My father and his buddy want to bring bunker and chunk DE Bay style next year too.

my digital camera has tanked but my father had his. He only took a couple of photos from my memory but I will have to get them from him. If he cant figure out how to email them to me, I will be up in NJ this weekend and will be sure to get them off of him. I would love to post a photo of the cow from Friday and I know he took one of that fish.

I saw you get up and run Richard. We thought about following you since you know the areas that hold fish eeling but thought it may be tacky. We thought hard about it though :lol:

If my dad cant email it to me this week, I will be up there this weekend for our family holiday party and will get it off of his camera...

You are just sore that you couldnt control yourself and couldnt go this time :lol:

gw204":113tqrar said:
I'm skeptical of this 46"er... :wink:

No pics = no fish. :)

:lol: :twisted:

TOP TEN REASONS I DONN'T HAVE A PIC OF MY 46 POUNDER...

1-My camera's broke
2-My daddy only took 2 pics
3-My daddy can't send pics to me
4-The 2-s Merc oil fog obscured the photo

..........help me out............................. :lol:

8) (My dad's buddy is a BIG dude too!)

The second picture is of a GREAT looking guy with about our average sized fish for the weekend. :lol: Maybe next year we will get more slobs!

Attachments

• BBT.jpg
    BBT.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 214
  • BBT2.jpg
    BBT2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 214
No Tilghman Island tennis shoes (TITS) for him. He has blue and yellow boots. That must be standard gear for the non-Parker crowd.

Back