Livebait fishing on the Chesapeake for fishfactory

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Faithful

Reaction score
FF, has given me a hard time about trolling artificials in the bay so I wanted to post up that summer livelining on the Chesapeake has been pretty good. It has been hard to find med size spot but the little ones have been lively and landing decent summer fish for the bay. I got the liveline fever because my father got me a new Penn 460l liveliner for my birthday. Besides my kids enjoy catching the spot for the livewell. Here is a shot of the two I took home last thursday caught just outside of Annapolis.

Attachments

• liveline.jpg
    liveline.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 581
Livelining remains hot on the Chesapeake with larger than normal summer fish!

Attachments

• spyfish.jpg
    spyfish.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 487
Parkerman":2jhvw4q0 said:
Retired!!!!! Kevin....with all due respect you don't seem old enough to be retired!!

Heeheehee....
Thanks, but DoD says that once we hit 57... you're gone! (and is is not negotiable). :)

Liveline bite still remains hot. We boated 9 rockfish from 20" to just over 34" before noon yesterday and that was after a struggle to find enough spot for the live well. We also caught a couple of bluefish livelinging and a number of big white perch and a croaker while fishing for spot. Here is the crew with some of our catch..

Attachments

• fish082810a.fpg.jpg
    fish082810a.fpg.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 316
I fished last thursday half day and did a morning trip this morning.. Both yeilded great days on the water. We had about a dozen fish last thurday and today stopped counting as we were well over a dozen fish. Today was especially a lot of fun as I had my son and his buddy with us. They loaded up on spot for me and were great to hand the rods off to when I hooked up. Here is a shot of the boys with some of our catch..

Attachments

• fish090610a.jpg
    fish090610a.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 236
Back