Livewell/washdown pump...simple question...I think.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phumb

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just wondering if it could be this simple... Can I just run a hose off that lower plug for a washdown?.. If yes, I assume just keep baitwell outlet closed and it should just feed the washdown?? Thanks!

Attachments

• P1600049.JPG
    P1600049.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 314
Yes you can, thats how mine is set up and it works like a charm. Just can't use the wash down if the live well pump is on.

ebates":26gf5mwe said:
Yes you can, thats how mine is set up and it works like a charm. Just can't use the wash down if the live well pump is on.

Oh, so that pump doesnt do the washdown? its just a place to hookup another hose feeding a pump? thought it would work both....

You can tee off the live well hose for that pump to power both. You will need a valve to stop flow to the livewell while using the wash-down or you won't have any water pressure.

correct, the capped hole on the bottom on the pump is on the suction side so connecting to that would not give you any water pressure. I have a dual port live well pump, as you have in that picture, then off that capped hole I have another wash down pump. I am not sure how effective it would be to just tee off the live well hose because live well pumps are not positive displacement, meaning that they don't produce pressure, they just moe volume.

Can I just run a hose off that lower plug for a washdown?..

Yes...It's the way I rig all of them....With a dual port Livewell pump.

I've never had a problem running Livewell and Washdown at the same time.

You get 1 hole thru the hull with this setup.

the lower hole is to supply the washdown pump.....Yes you need another pump... A dighpram style pump, such as a Jabsco ParMax series.

Back