Long Shot - WTB Parker 23 Project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodChance

Reaction score
Hey .... I know it's a long shot but I want to put it out there and see what happens

I want to stretch a 23 DVCC to a 26 or 27ft hull. I don't want to use a good hull for this project but I don't mind tearing into one that might need a transom replacement.

If you see (or know) of a 23 Parker that needs work ... and can be had for cheap $$, please let me know.

I want to split the hull 2 feet in front of the transom and add 3 additional feet of biaxial.

Install an Armstrong bracket and a pair of Mercury 150 3.0liter outboards.

GoodChance":21hzcz35 said:
Hey .... I know it's a long shot but I want to put it out there and see what happens

I want to stretch a 23 DVCC to a 26 or 27ft hull. I don't want to use a good hull for this project but I don't mind tearing into one that might need a transom replacement.

If you see (or know) of a 23 Parker that needs work ... and can be had for cheap $$, please let me know.

I want to split the hull 2 feet in front of the transom and add 3 additional feet of biaxial.

Install an Armstrong bracket and a pair of Mercury 150 3.0liter outboards.
I wull be looking just to see it happen. The big picture is increase the cockpit space?

B2

Hi Brent -

Project goals: well, I'm a big fan of the Parker design. I think they hit a home run with the 23 and it's "full bow" design (as opposed to the knife-like design seen in many Florida boats). I like the 21 degree deadrise and the reverse chines. I like the layout. I like the ride/performance/handling (both at speed and at drift). I think it is a very solid, well built boat. I like the 8.5ft beam of the 23 DVCC. I've had a 23 Potter SeaCraft and ran it for several years and feel that the 23 Parker is superior in almost every capacity and yardstick. Not even a question in my mind. But as much as I like the 23 DVCC, I'd like to have a little more interior space; and I believe that the already great ride will be improved with a longer planning surface. I'd like to have a twin engines.

While I could get all of the above with a 25 DVCC, I don't like the 9.5ft beam of this hull.

So the hunt is on for a 23 DVCC that needs to be rebuilt.

camron":1l3z0d85 said:
https://southcoast.craigslist.org/boa/d/parker-23/6618873166.html

Check this one out

That would be a great project boat for someone. And if the boat was located within 500 miles of me, I would own it today. But given that I'm in FL and that boat is in eastern Mass. ....... I think I'll pass.

Thanks for keeping your eye open though and please let me know if you see anything else.

Back