LOOK Honey, I'm not crazy, other people restore parkers.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finnautical

Reaction score
Hello all...I'm a native Floridian, living on the gulf coast. I’ve always wanted a Parker, but never could afford one. So, I waited…. In 2004, Hurricane IVAN slammed into Alabama leaving in its path, a lot of boat restoration opportunities. With it, a batter and beaten 1990 2300 SE Parker. I’ve spent the last few years (and twice as much money) resurrecting it from the dead. With some custom work, the boat is now PERFECTLY suited for life in the Gulf (Tampa / Sarasota) flats and offshore (w/in the 45mi mark). Note: you do need to choose your offshore days wisely, as you would with any 23'. I am absolutely thrill with the results and performance of my 2300 SE, but I still have a lot of work remaining. I’m sure this forum will enlighten (ed-u-m-kate) a Parker enthusiast like myself. My immediate need is for a starboard “Parker” decal… ANY IDEA WHERE THESE CAN BE FOUND .... Also, I want to install a windlass next, but I'm just not sure about a few things... (Best windlass to buy, pulpit to use, rigging...basically every aspect of installing a windlass...)
Scared...say scared!!...
I will post pics of my restoration in my next topic. A few changes / ideas I've made include:
- Built-in bow 15gal and transom 40gal livewells
- Removed the "Fat" Parker CC for a tiny CC.
- Built the transom solid.
- Custom dive platform w/ 19in motor bracket offset & performance jackplate.
- repowered and rigged 2006 F250
- Custom dual station Tower & outriggers

and a few other goodies...

If you have any advice on the windlass or decal... please drop me a line and / or any question on anything I may have changed.

Thanks....
Finnautical :p

FWIW they only make a small and large Parker decal nowadays. My '92 vintage 2520 used the medium size which is ~2' long and the small case letters are ~3" high. Parker now uses the LARGE decal on all bigger boats.

FWIW our own TomS could make you up some in the medium size if you really needed it ...

I can't stand to have done this much to the boat and have one of the decals smeared... It seems trivial, but damn it took me 18+months to get this thing this far along and the decal keeps reminding me that I’m not finished. I’ll post the pics tonight and let you know what size the decal is. Thanks a lot… I’ve contacted Parker Marine a couple times and they seem VERY reluctant to provide any solutions… They might be worried about someone sticking a Parker decal on their Caroline Skiff. Thanks again for the help. This is a great site... I wish I had found it 18 months ago...so much pain I could have avoided. :oops:

Finnautical

Welcome aboard Fin!
If you are a Parker fan, and a project guy... you came to the right place! :D

Hullside logos are available from any well stocked dealer.
I replaced the logos on my 1996 model this past spring, and added a little 'something extra'. :wink:

Image-C663ACF6267B11DC.jpg

Image-B8C14EBD290511DC.jpg

I can see a "Gulf Coast Edition" or a "Hurricane Survivor" in your future. :)

I have seen a MayCraft set up like your Parker. I can't wait to see your Parker FlatsBoat. A 250-4 Yamaha on a 23SE? 8)

FishFactory":3pb0uksm said:
I can't wait to see your Parker FlatsBoat. A 250-4 Yamaha on a 23SE? 8)

Kinda like... "Ya got a Hemi in that?". :D
OhYea.... :shock:

I also see a bit of a flare in my future.... let me think on what I want under the parker decal... (Meaning... I gotta ask the boss what she wants)
I was going to some pics, but I'm not sure how... Any help...

Thanks,
Finnautical

Actually, Yamaha 4's are hemis. :wink:

...as are almost all Japanese motors. You know, they copied OMC :lol:

What do y'all fish for in those flats boats with the tall observation towers?

Well the boss has spoken.... She said I want " Cortez Fishing Edition" I'll need a couple extra for the cars.... What do we need to do to seal this?
Thanks
Fin (nautical)... actually my 5yrs son's name really is FIN. Kinda Ironic you abbreviated my login to that... :lol:

You are dead on.... The tower serves best for the Snook, Reds, Tarpon, Cobia, Triple tail.... My Snapper, Grouper, Kings, etc are mostly location / seasonal fish. The towers is a bit like cheating... God I love it...

Fin

That looks Sweet... Is it part of the Parker decal or seperated from it? I'm more concerned with the Alignment skill of the installer. :oops:

Completely separate. The Parker logos were applied first, then the Boat US graphics were applied.

I had the graphics made up before hand, then applied them while the boat was sitting in her slip... and I did it 'upside down' from inside the cockpit. :)

I used blue painters tape to line everything up... measured it all out... and applied it 'dry'. It took me about an hour.

No problems... :D

I appreciate the link to the instructions for uploading pics.... But I'm still confused.... Your instructions is what I did originally, but the error message I get is that it can't upload JPE files... My computer shows them as JPG... What am I missing? Sorry I wasn't clear the 1st time... My bad.
Thanks
Fin

If you order your decals all at one time, they will come aligned (usually) all on 1 sheet. If too large, they will be aligned on 2 sheets. Simply align sheets, and you're done. :wink:

Sometimes your local Parker dealer will give you an extra decal. 8)

"grouperjim"...there are lots of uses for a radio box. :D

Also check for posts by board member TomS

His Gas Money Graphics business might be able to wip you up something cool in a "Parker" font. :wink:

finnautical":3v32uajw said:
Also, I want to install a windlass next, but I'm just not sure about a few things... (Best windlass to buy, pulpit to use, rigging...basically every aspect of installing a windlass...)
If you have any advice on the windlass or decal... please drop me a line and / or any question on anything I may have changed.
Thanks....
Finnautical :p

I have a Horizon 500, controlled windlass. Controlled meaning that you have to keep the switch depressed to LOWER the anchor as well as raising it.

After doing some research and being on other boats with windlass's, I would have opted for the Lewmar, stainless, horizontal, FREE FALL windlass. That means when your ready to drop anchor, SHE"S DOWN. No waiting for the windlass to release line.

http://en.lewmar.com/products/index.asp ... age_id=311

It's not so bad in 20-40 feet of water, but when you're in deeper water and you're trying to set in a specific spot, having to wait for the windlass to realease 80 ft of line can screw you up.

Just a suggestion.

By the way, since you are in the Tampa / St. Petersburg FL area, take a minute to look at the Southwest Florida Parker Owners Rendevouz topic! :D

Attachments

• Windlass (Small).JPG
    Windlass (Small).JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 2,708
  • Anchor Setup (Small).jpg
    Anchor Setup (Small).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,708
  • Anchor Swivel (Small).jpg
    Anchor Swivel (Small).jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 2,708
Wow.... you did a great job... Now I'm even more intimidated. Most places I’d use the windlass would be in 60-80’ of water…. So, a free fall sounds like the best route. How is it on your batteries? I’ve got a 24v system, but I can definitely see me pulling and dropping 20x a trip. I will definitely check out the tampa / st.pete link.
Since I have no Idea why I can't post my pics... I've gone thru the instructions but the error message is "extension type jpe not allowed... explore and picasa shows them as JPGs....any way for those that are interested. you can go to the url to see may parker project.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Bryan.Prosser/Boats/photo#5109112589480261810

Thanks

Back