• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a classic 23 or 25 on/near Chesapeake

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott-MD

Reaction score
I'm in Chesapeake Beach, MD and after being paralyzed by boat-indecision for too long am now very ready to buy a pilothouse Parker. I'm interested in an older one that's depreciated some--no interest in paying $50k+ for a new or nearly new boat when they're this well built. But I need a closed transom with a bracket (lots of little kids in the family and I want a fully enclosed cockpit) or conceivably inboard. Right now I think my first choice is a standard 23, but I'm open to older 25s where the v-berth is open to the pilothouse (like the newer 23s but not the newer 25s) and extended cabin models too. Fishing gear a plus, of course.

Anybody crazy enough to be selling yours at this time of year?

what type of engine package as there a few around here i might be able to turn you on to?

I'm flexible on power, as long as it's priced reasonably for what it is. In an ideal world I'd prefer outboard(s), if only because I don't have a lift and the boat will spend a lot of time in the water. But I'll consider anything. I've run all the obvious searches on boattrader, boats.com, salty dog etc. Just hoping to find some more that aren't in the usual places!

I'm not actively looking to sell my 2520, but my wife really wants a center console again...

For starters my 25 has a notch transom, so you might stop reading here. But for what it's worth, I have three little kids and none of them has ever fallen out that way -- there's really not much room on either side of the engine.

Almost everything else you mentioned is on the money, though: 1990 2520 in excellent condition, flush mounted Raymarine E80 with radar and high-performance bronze thru-hull triducer, two new VHF radios, new stereo with iPod connection and Sirius radio, remote spotlight, cockpit open to the V-berth, six rod holders inside, four new Lee heavy-duty gunnel mounted outside plus four holders under the gunnels, 225 Mercury Optimax with about 250 flawless hours (2001 new in 2003). Top speed of about 40mph, cruises at 28mph burning 11 gph. Bennet tabs. Freshly varnished teak outside, hand-rubbed oiled teak inside.

The other drawback is location: I'm in CT. If you're interested we'll work something out.

Try me at the office weekdays -- 203-354-9006. Also sent you a pm.

Back