Looking for Back Rest for Parker 23 SE Leaning Post

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akula

Reaction score
:?: I'm new to this board and got a 23 SE about three months ago. Trying to find a back rest for the leaning post, would be great to keep my 7 year old from falling off the back. Any recommendations on brands, sizes and who carries them around the west side of the Chesapeake would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

If it's the leaning post that came with the boat, why not your Parker dealer?

Birdsail Marine in Florida has them. That's where mine came for gor my 23SE. I'm not sure about the spelling but check out their website. It's got loads of neat items. I just placed another order for several custom add ons. They are great to deal with. I hope this helps.

By the way Steve, I just saw that was your first post. Welcome to the site. It appears us center console owners are in the minoritry but these guys don't hold it against us! Like I said, welcome to the site.

:idea: Gents--Thanks for the great advice.

Uncle Matt--What are you doing with your 23 SE add ons?

Steve

http://www.birdsallmarine.com/

I got a leaning post/rocket launcher made by these guys. The owner, Bob, is a nice guy, but they are super laid back there, and I felt like I neede to be extremely clear about what I wanted, and had to check in multiple times to find out about my order.
It's a big shop with lots of guys working. The welds on my stuff are gorgeous, and the whole deal was pretty reasonable....just spell it out for them so your sure they know what you want.

also check out this link to their website.....parker pics!

http://www.birdsallmarine.com/page42.html

In March of 2007 I had Birdsall Marine install what they call a Double Bow T-Top with top guns outriggers on my 2300CC DV,they do excellent work and the people are fantastic.

robert

Robert Cibran":1xuv77kb said:
In March of 2007 I had Birdsall Marine install what they call a Double Bow T-Top with top guns outriggers on my 2300CC DV,they do excellent work and the people are fantastic.

robert

I have a fiberglass t-top, but the double bow cloth tops look ALMOST good enough to win me over! :wink:

FishFactory,

The material which birdsall used is called Weblon,its as vinyl coated fabric on both sides and its bulletproof,it can be had with 2 colors,meaning,the top can be 1 color and the bottom another color,looks awesome.I chose the beige color same as Parker hull.

FishFactory,

Were you not in the FL.Keys during fourth of July ??

Robert

my 23SE also has the birdsall leaning post. Its great. I dont have a back rest. I suppose I will get one when I get that 28 CC one day. I do like the anti fatigue foot mats they make. Just wish they werent blue. White might stay a bit cooler in temp and color. Birdsall definitely has some trick add ons for boats.

Robert Cibran":24q4b8s6 said:
FishFactory,

The material which birdsall used is called Weblon,its as vinyl coated fabric on both sides and its bulletproof,it can be had with 2 colors,meaning,the top can be 1 color and the bottom another color,looks awesome.I chose the beige color same as Parker hull.

FishFactory,

Were you not in the FL.Keys during fourth of July ??

Robert

I haven't seen the 2 color Weblon...awesome!

Yep, me, admiral and the FishFactory was in the Keys over the 4th. One great week of fishing and flat seas. Went 30 mi out 1 day looking for cooler water, still 89 degrees. Got 1 15# cow, couple of cobia, a lot of yellow tails and mangrove snappers, blue runners and some ramoras.

All the fish we caught stayed in Islamorada except for 1 dolphin and maybe 12 mangrove/yellowtails.

Left Islamorada @ 4:35 AM, home in 16 hours. First trip with SunPass...never leave for Keys without it. :D

Back to the leaning post backrest. I thought backrest fit into rod holders in leaning post. Seems one would have to go to leaning post builder to get correct spacing for backrest?

Hi Guys,

Yes Birdsall will make the back rest to fit the OEM Parker leaning post,all you have to do is give them measurement from center to center of rod holders (which are the ones at both ends) and they will make it for you using the Parker vinyl material.

I'm glad you guys had nice time in the keys,I live there 5 months out of the year and thats were my 2300CC DV is at,thanks for leaving the fish behind.

Did you get to snorkle pickles reef or molasses reef ??? its nice to look at the water and see bottom ???

robert
2300CC DV
Key Largo/Miami

Latest posts

Back