Looking for the perfect Parker - 2530?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st.tully

Reaction score
Greetings all -

I am new to the forum and mighty glad to have found this place. I am looking for a Parker to use as a family cruiser on inland rivers and sounds - with only an occasional venture to the blue water such as a trip out to Cape Lookout. Unlike most here on the forum, I won't be doing much fishing. Other boats that I have cosidered have been on the order of "picnic" boats like Hinkley or Mainship - but in the end they are just too much $$$ and more boat than I need.

I'm thinking that a 2530 would be a good solution. I nice sunshade over the cockpit would make a really nice area to take in the cruise. I also would want to compare the 2520 XL (16 degree) because of the option to have one engine - from reading the forum it seams that the 2530 really needs two engines. I also really like the thought of a used I/O 2530 - I read where one forum member has done a diesel repower. That would be a great option for someone like me who in no way needs to go fast.

I have done a lot of reading on the forum and have seen some interesting solutions for air conditioning and sunshades. I'd be very interested if any members could show their solutions in these areas. Also, anyone out there using their Parker like I might?

I also particularly like what DaleH did with his Parker - just superb http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6

I look forward to joining in the fun.

Thanks, george

Good thinking...you will spend several hundred thousand dollars less than a Hinkley!. A 2530 can do anything you ask of it. If you are not looking for snob appeal a 2530 or 2820 will be a great boat for you.

Understated elegance beats out "snob appeal" everytime!! I'd go for better eats and drinks on board a Parker than all the bells and whistles on the Hinckly.

Check the used boats first, and check for sale on this site, though won't be I/O's.

For river and sound boating you might end up with an outboard to get a modified vee.

Not many I/O's for sale.

Not a lot of 2530's for sale either, though they come about occasionally.

Dana

I use my 2005 2520SL to cruise ostly with my family. It is a wonderful boat for that reason alone! Last season in Barnegat Bay we took guests our routinely for "cocktail" cruises, and daytime exploring. With the bench seat I have made that carries on and off easily, the boat is perfect for exploring. If I don't sell her/trade her I will put a bimini on this season.

There are a few Hinckley's around off of Mantaloking in the bay, and I have gotten looks from them in my prior Whaler as well as this Parker (don't kid yourself they get looks from me as well).

Back