Looking for trailer information

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need to update my trailer for 23SE year 2007. I found a new tandem trailer rated for 5200lbs. all aluminum with galvanized cross beams and disc brakes. Should i be concerned about going from rollers to bunks? How do I determine set up for bunks? price is $5800 for Load Rite. What else should i be concerned about?

Welcome. Some will comment with that boat. In general bunks can be more popular if there is no tide or lower tide. Disc brakes are good, especially if salt water is involved and they have less maintenance. Good luck.

If you live in an environment where you see most people with rollers due to the need to winch in at lower tides etc, then you probably need rollers. If you don’t need rollers, a bunk trailer is much better due to maintenance and ease of loading a boat. If you have brakes you expect to work after many many launch and recovery’s in salt water, you need to purchase the stainless option. JMO.

If you live in an environment where you see most people with rollers due to the need to winch in at lower tides etc, then you probably need rollers. If you don’t need rollers, a bunk trailer is much better due to maintenance and ease of loading a boat. If you have brakes you expect to work after many many launch and recovery’s in salt water, you need to purchase the stainless option. JMO.
Thank you. Here in lower Delaware, Launching into a tidal river, it is a good mix of bunks and rollers. The private ramp i use most frequently can be challenging at low tide even with rollers. Thanks again.

Mike

Back