Looking for

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara11

Reaction score
a diagram of how to wire two batterys, with two motors and new switches, I know it is in here somewhere, i have used the search and typed in different words, but can not find, I am having a problem with my one battery and the switch, and the boat guy wants 600$ to upgrade with a better switch system, I have seen the post and diagram, I am sure I can do my self, just need to see a picture of the wiring for a dummy like me , anybody care to point my in the direction of the battery wiring posts ? please !
Craig

Youse asks ...youse gets ...
wiring485x347.gif

Source = ContinuousWave, as GREAT a site for Boston Whaler boats asd I hope CP to be for Parkers, see here.

Thanks Dale, is it possible for one of my main switches to go bad, ( the 1,2,both switch) ?

On my boat,
switch one, if you put it on 1,2 or both, no power to anything at all ( other bat switch is off), no power to anything except to the raise the motor switch on the outboard ?

Bat switch 2, makes everything work, tested with test light, power everywhere ?

Went to the mechanic, he told me that is the way the boat is set up, does this sound correct ?

I have a battery maintainer, and just had two new group 31 bat installed about 2 months ago, the same mechanic did the battery work as we were having the motors serviced, chatted with him today, he says nothing is wrong, I just do not know if that is correct !

Does what I just typed make cents ?

Pictures of my switches
Craig

Attachments

• Batterys 001.JPG
    Batterys 001.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 197
  • Batterys 002.JPG
    Batterys 002.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 197
  • Batterys 003.JPG
    Batterys 003.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 197
I guess it is correct, but if the one battery switch fails, the other one is useless, that is what was hard to understand, I know it is basic, but confusing all the same !

Craig,

You could have a bad switch. I think the easiest way to test it would be with the trim switch as it’s right there near the battery switches. Turn one switch to battery1 and see which engine has power through the trim switch. If you turn the other switch to battery 1 you will see the other engine has power now. They both will be on battery one. You can go back and forth with the switches and you will see how they work. If you look at your wiring closely you will start to understand how it is wired. It helps if you draw up a diagram also. You will have one engine hooked up to battery 1 and the other to battery 2. You will have a cable connecting the switch position 1 and another connecting position 2. And of course you have your circuit breakers connected to one of the switches.

With this setup you can run on either or both batteries, separately or together. But whatever switch you have your house electronics hook up with will be the one that kills the electronics when you try to start it. If you turn one switch to battery 1 one engine should be able to start. If you turn both switches to battery one it will run everything on battery 1. That’s what the cable connecting the two switch positions does. It works the same with battery 2. If you put either switch to both it will connect both batteries.

Mine does not do that, I think I have a bad switch, just not sure what to replace with, but once I do will post results !

Like TopShot25 said. Looks like switches are tied parralel to one another so you can power either motor off either battery but your house wiring is commig out of switch # 2. This is correctly wired. There is many ways but this way is doable. You need to select a battery to use for house power off switch #2. This will also be the battery for engine # 2. Switch # 1 is used to select a battery for engine #1 and does not supply house power. Based on what you are saying your switches are working properly.

Back