Looking to buy used 200/225 Optis or 200 HPDIs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gw204

Reaction score
Instead of selling my Sailfish, I think I've decided to repower her with a set of used DFIs. I've been doing some casual searching on a few sites and it seems like there are very few offerings of what I'm looking for (pair of 25" 200 or 225 ('03 and later) Optis or 200 HPDIs). So, can you guys let me know of some dealers/online vendors/websites to check?

Thanks.

There was a huge dealer of used motors in Florida that used to send me flyers in the snail mail before the www got real big. I'll see if I can think of their name.....age and memory being what it is...

I tell you, up here in the NE there are soooooooooooo many Suzi owners looking to upgrade to the 300hps ... that I'd look for a pair of used CR 200.

I was just quoted ~$8-9K rigged for a 2003 vintage 250hp with 3-years left on the warranty ... that will 'stop' the clock now, with the 3-years beginning next May.

I tell you ... it is making me hope for a large tax return or work bonus this year!

I thought about those 580 lb. 200 Zukes Dale, but each one of those is almost 100 lbs. heavier than my current 225 OX66s (494 lbs. each)...and I already have my scuppers totally submerged. 200 HPDIs are 475 and 200/225 Optis are something like 520. I can deal with a little extra weight, but I don't want to push it.

I have nothing against 4-strokes though. :)

gw204":zm62ihcl said:
I thought about those 580 lb. 200 Zukes ... but each one of those is almost 100 lbs. heavier than my current 225 OX66s ...
Wow ... that would be a bit of extra weight :shock: to carry on your heinie ...

Email the guy at Sundance Marine in FL. He responed to another person's thread regarding wanting Opti's. Also call around to the Merc and Yam dealers in DE and save yourself 5% on sales tax alone.

Almars is Merc (as you know)
Rudy's is Yam

B-Faithful":1cvv4v1d said:
Email the guy at Sundance Marine in FL. He responed to another person's thread regarding wanting Opti's. Also call around to the Merc and Yam dealers in DE and save yourself 5% on sales tax alone.

Almars is Merc (as you know)
Rudy's is Yam

Some states don't charge sales tax if purchase is transported out of state. You can actually SAVE sales tax if you purchase in Fla (for example). Do your boat registrations have the model and year of motor on them? Otherwise, how do the tax collectors know where your motor came from?

one more question...is there a surcharge for the Mercs that double as a toaster? :lol: :lol: :lol:

gw204":11y1wlv1 said:
200 HPDIs are 475 and 200/225 Optis are something like 520. I can deal with a little extra weight, but I don't want to push it.

Personally I'd try to find 200 HPDI's and shed a little weight off the transom in the deal.
200 HPDI's have a very good reputation.

Almars in DE beats Eds on Merc stuff across the board and they have a good reputation. I dont have any experience with Eds just going by what I have seen on the boards.

Back