looking to replace prop

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotflying

Reaction score
I have a 2021 - 2520 XLC It is a modified V with a single 300HP Yamaha. I want to replace the prop and then use the old one for a spare. Looking to perhaps go at a slower speed and stay on plane. I usually fish in Block Island sound and find with seas around 2 feet or so I need to slow down to about 20 to 23 MPH to make the ride better.

I have a 2021 - 2520 XLC It is a modified V with a single 300HP Yamaha. I want to replace the prop and then use the old one for a spare. Looking to perhaps go at a slower speed and stay on plane. I usually fish in Block Island sound and find with seas around 2 feet or so I need to slow down to about 20 to 23 MPH to make the ride better.
We have the same hull and motor. I ordered the PowerTech OFS4: Standard Rotation 15 from propgods almost 3 weeks ago. I will post the results when received.
Currently I have the Yamaha standard 15x17 painted SS. Last year I re-hubbed it because it was distorted (possibly spun) and dry rotted on the inside. The performance improved after that, but currently, I'm thinking its spun again because I have lost performance to what it was last year. My fuel economy is way off from what others have posted here. Interestingly the 2520 XLD (deep vee) seems to be faster with better fuel economy.

Back