Lots of projects- House bank, switch, monitor, lights + more

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian S

Reaction score
I finally got around to working on a few projects I have been kicking around for awhile. First, I have been wanting to get a battery iosolator switch to isolate my house bank from my starting battery, rather than the stock 1-2-both-off setup. I picked up the switch online for $30.....lucky me, my f250 came stock with the auxillary charging cable pre-wired which made this a very easy project.

2011-07-23_17-47-11_203.jpg

Next, I wanted to have more capacity in my house bank; so I picked up two 6v golf cart batteries from Costco for $79 a piece. The specs were nearly identical to the trojan T-105's but half the price. They are made by Johnson controls; they should do the trick. My dad made a stainless dual 6v battery tray for the new batteries and they fit like a glove in the port side battery box. I have a kicker mounted to my starbord side, so I'm not worried about the extra weight, it probably balances me out.

2011-07-23_16-46-39_825.jpg

2011-07-23_17-37-14_257.jpg

Then, I wanted to get a battery monitor to monitor the house bank like a fuel guage. I picked up the victron 600; it fit right in the empty hole on my dash where the fuel/water seperator alarm went before I moved to the clear bowl. Have not wired it up yet, but will finish shortly.

2011-07-23_17-48-05_421.jpg

A few other items......My dad retro fit my coastal LED deck lights into my old deck light housing because I broke the plastic coastal mounts. He had to make a custom stainless bezzel to do this; they turned out great.

2011-07-23_16-46-10_219.jpg

A friend of mine had some bose outdoor speakers lying around; he told me to put them in the boat......we made a custom mount to hang them from the roof of the pilothouse- they sound great.

2011-07-23_16-46-19_983.jpg

I will post up a few additional pics as I wrap up the wiring, I also have a 15 amp single bank pro charger that I will be installing for the house bank- this way I can charge it up with the generator if I need to.

TheOtherLine":33dm0wsd said:
Very nice ! I like the location of the speaker mounts. Do you have any speakers in the ballroom?

Yeah, tucked under the back of the pilothouse. Nothing that great compared to the Bose, they sound incredible. Took the boat out to test my wiring job last week, everything was perfect. Really nice to see amps in and out as well as the hours and percentage of house bank remaining. Wish I did this along time ago, the bait tank pump really likes to kill batteries overnight.

Back