Lower Potomac Rockfish

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoBananas17

Reaction score
This past Friday and Saturday, between markers 7 and 9

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 451
  • 12-12fish_n.jpg
    12-12fish_n.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 354
Nice job. I was a little further north of you (just south of St. Clements) and came up empty handed. Tried eeling and some jigging with no luck. Don't see a lot of fishing posts here so thanks a lot.

Steve

We have been doing so so. First big fish was Friday for us. Where do you keep your boat in Stafford? Thats a pretty good run down to fish.

My 2120 stays on the trailer. I keep it in my barn that my wife says was built just for the boat (she might be right). :lol:

I went with the smaller boat for the main reason that I like to hit different areas.

Steve

Smith Point on saturday, fished around buoy 64 in MD waters, then south of Smith Point Light in VA waters, counted 55 boats, a few fish caught from what I could see, not by us, but was mid-50's and sunny, really a shake-down trip for new to me 21 SE, no disappointments.

I saw a few Parkers saturday, anyone on CP ever launch from Smith Point?

We were right there with you Saturday, ran from Coles Point out to 68 fished up to 70 then back down to 65 stayed around 65 the rest of the day and did nothing. Friday we got our limit in the Potomac between 7 and 9 all small fish 24" to 28". Weather is not looking to good for this weekend.

yep...I begged people to go on friday, I knew there would be too many boats on saturday, and there were, but super-nice on the water.

We also fished Saturday around #9 in the Potomac.
Also caught small fish from 27" to 36"
Fished the same area on Friday and caught one 42"
All fish caught down deep on MOJO's in approx 45ft of water.

Bryce
The MOJO's are tandem rigs.
24oz and 3oz Both with 9" shads and trailer hooks

Good luck
Dennis

Back