Lower Unit leaking at prop Evinrude 200HP Yr 2000

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JET O_Wey

Reaction score
The engine while tied at the dock (end of last season) with motor in up position took a beating (cleat pulled.) Snapped skeg and now as I get her ready see leaking lower unit oil, which is now greenish in color.

I have done very little maintenance on the lower unit over the years. Did replace water pump couple times. I would like to do some basic gasket replacements or maybe simple seal replacement first to see how that goes in stopping the leak. I’ll worry about the broken skeg later.

I included a pic of the leak (see greenish tint) along with a sketch showing the lower units parts. Could someone maybe note which parts #s from the sketch be a good place to start - some basics. I’m already going for the fuel pump which I’ll also report back on in another thread so wanted to try inexpensive first.

Thanks for any direction.
j

Attachments

• # 1 oil leak and broken skeg.png
    # 1 oil leak and broken skeg.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 80
  • lower unit.png
    lower unit.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 80
. . . ...If it got beat up at/on the dock I would make sure you didn't bend the prop shaft. .........may be leaking from the seals because of that. . . ... just a thought.

Which seals in particular if you had to guess - ? :?: Easy - difficult? Would not mind changing some gaskets and a seal, sure they are due for a change.

Thanks-

j

Back