Lowrance HDS Troubleshooting question.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rio_01

Reaction score
So I installed an HDS7. When I turn it on, it powers up and goes to a blue screen that says "LOWRANCE" on it, but it won't get past that screen. Does the initial power up take a very long time? Does it have to load data or something? Anyone know anything about this? I have 13.7v at the power pins. The troubleshooting in the manual does not discuss anything like this. Any ideas or experience would be appreciated!

You might try updating the software from your computer if you have not already done this. I had a problem with mine (non-HD unit) and that fixed the issue.

I also posted a question to their tech support page and was given a call back the next day (I left it on the weekend). Very helpful person walked me through the issue.

:roll: If the unit is still new take it back and have them exchange it for a new one or download the newest software on to the unit. I have a HDS5 and it was only two months old and it did not have the newest software installed on it. The newest is 3.5.33.219 (4/15/11)

I bought mine at West Marine and they said they were going to help me install the newest software but the two sales guys had trouble installing the software and it turns out that it is really simple to do. You will need a SD card and a piece of equipment (I do not know what it is called) to download the software on to the SD card (2 GB). Both pieces of equipment cost around $20 total. If you have any questions email me back. I was told that the software is updated once a year so it might be good to have this stuff.
Parker 1800cc 1998 :lol:

Back