Lowrance X107 CDF Troubleshoot Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerjon

Reaction score
The sonar unit cylces on and off repeatedly after running for several hours. I checked the connections and have run a backup unit with the same connections and have not had a problem. Leaving the problem squarely with the unit.

I took it apart and visally inspected the power button. No corrosion or other obstructions.

Never seen anything like this before. Like a ghost is repeatedly turning the unit on and off. Its only a couple of years old. Any electronic techs have any suggestions before I send it back to Lowrance?

Sounds to me like a low voltage condition, though I'm not certain what you would need to do to verify that.

I just requested a RMA to send it back to Lowrance, I'll post what they find out with it. Thanks again.

There's a good chance its a heat/volt-related issue. Possibly corrosion on the power wires, and once they heat up, the resistance becomes enough to lower the internal voltage.

I got the returned unit back from Lowrance, except its a brand new one. No document reporting the cause of failure of the other unit. Just a swap. Oh well. I did find on some other sites that reported the same exact problem I was having. That years model must have been a lemon.

parkerjon":f640xtof said:
I got the returned unit back from Lowrance, except its a brand new one. No document reporting the cause of failure of the other unit. Just a swap. Oh well. I did find on some other sites that reported the same exact problem I was having. That years model must have been a lemon.

hope you saved your waypoints... the new unit most likely wont have them :shock:

Back