m-ywedge....anyone tried this?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mildew2

Reaction score
Noticed in my owners manual for my f115- 4 stroke Yamaha on my 1801
Yamaha advises using a transom support while trailering. My rear cross bar is tucked well under the rear of my boat on my Tidewater trailer.
I would need at least a 44" long support. I came across a m-y wedge
on a couple of web sites. They make one for 115 -4 stroke Yamahas and wondered if this would help. It fits on one of the rams. I know it would help the hydrolics with added support. Is this the support Yamaha means in the Owners Manual?

http://www.m-ywedge.com/instructions.htm

I've got one on my F250 and like it very much. Puts the motor in a good angle for towing, etc with pressure in the right place.

I have one for my F150 and it works great i store with the motor down so i don't have an issue with the piston being covered during storage.

Only use mine for transporting & store with motor down. Works great

I have the same boat as you and use the wedge all the time for trailering. It works great. Note that on the F115, you can only use it on the port (left) tilt ram. The starboard ram has a grease fitting that can be damaged by the wedge.

Other than that rhe only issue I noticed is that the hard rubber gets chewed up over time. That's life, I guess.

- Fly Rod

Back