Ma. Parker now in CA.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bitesomthing

Reaction score
Hello all,
just wanted to say hello and how great i think the knowledge and people on this board are.
I am new to Parkers and Yamaha's so this place has been a god sent so far.
Here is a picture of my rig i just purchased from MA. and had shipped here,
i purchased the boat for 30k and built the trailer for 4k( aluminum I beam)
and had the boat shipped out to Ca. for 3k. I think i got a good deal.
if you ever need a boat transported there is a Place on the Internet called USHIP.com ( not affilitated) that seems to get great deals on transporting.
just do your home work.
i look forward to dealing with all of you.
Thanks and hello
Chris
2001 25dvsc- ox66 250
Pic of boat
CIMG0176.JPG

Welcome...

I purchased my 2330 from North Carolina and also used USHIP.com to have it towed out here. It worked out very well and was one of the more inexpensive ways. I paid $2000 last October.

Congrats on the new boat. Depending on the hours on the motor I'd say you got a smokin' deal. Seems like if you want a used Parker in Cali you have to go back east for it. I ended up buying mine out of Delaware because there just weren't any used ones to be had locally.
Where do you live and where do launch out of?

Chris,,

Awwww, she's a beautiful girl,,, sorry we lost her from New England. Sounds like you got a great deal.. or as we say in MA ,,,"wicked pissah". 8)

I feel it's my duty as a MA Parker owner to warn you however, that your MA Parker is undergoing some real culture shock as we speak. :shock:

Be gentle, for the last 6 years, she has had a 4 or 5 month "nap" every year. She has been hauled, winterized, and put up in a cozy blanket while the nasty New England Nor'easters howled. :(

Good luck with her and make sure you keep us posted with frequent photo updates!!! :p

i realize that she has taken a nap. Since i woke her up and brought her to California i have ran her twice and she got sicker and sicker each time,
I think the Ethonal got to her this year because after my second trip out i have had to have the boat to the mechanic for New high pressure fuel pump and some new fuel injectors.I will get the boat out by mid week and hopefully it will be as good as new,( well Close as possible to new).
When i baught the boat the seller did not tell me what problems it had, Or can these types of problems Manifest durning the boats Dry dock time???
well its only going to cost me another 1500-2000 $$$ Its only money!!!
Take care all

The first problems I ever had with my Yamaha Ox66 engine were as a result of putting in her first large load of Ethanol (10%) fuel.

Be sure your mechanic checks the VST filter. This often clogs with debris that gets dislodged by the new fuel. Also, make sure you install a Racor or new Yamaha 10 micron fuel filter.

John

Here is a good one for you. When I purchased my parker 2520 with twin 200 back in 2001. We had to break her in by putting oil into the fuel tank. Well after we filled her up, took her for a little ride as soon as I got her on plane she stopped running.(both engines) the oil did mix right and clogged all the filters and was sucked into the engines. So much for 2 motors. Ever since then we have had no problems with our yammies. So no worries you will get all the kink's worked out. :D

This is a pic of my parents on vac, and the boat.

Attachments

• fishing and hunting.jpg
    fishing and hunting.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 996
Back