Marina fuel. Know what you are getting

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkerman

Reaction score
So I fueled up a few weekends ago at a marina fuel dock, something I rarely do as I trailer and opted for the cheaper fuel prices on land. My decision to pay more on the water was intentional figuring I would avoid E 10 and hopefully avoid any fuel issues. Pay now or pay later was my thinking. Half way through my fill up I asked the dock boy if the fuel was Ethanol free. He said "no, same stuff you buy on land, E 10, Delaware requires they use the 10% ethanol.

I should have asked before pumping but I assumed.

I avoided E10 for a long time until it became almost impossible to find non-E10 fuel.
As it turned out, it ended up being a non-issue for me.

While burning that first tankful of E10, I changed the fuel filter monthly for the first season.
Not sure if it was worth it, but I never had an issue, and have had no issues since.

I wouldn't stress over it. Continue your maintenance schedule and add amendments as needed, and you should be fine.

Did the exact same thing. Noticed after about 20 gallons and shut off immediately. Went out in the ocean and burned it as quickly as i could!

Fortunately we have a local place that sells non-E 89 and it's on the way back from the ramp!

Latest posts

Back