Merry Christmas ans some questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andertonm

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everybody! I have a question for a relative who has an older Yamaha 225 2-stroke on a 23 Grady. When he gets his boat home on the lift, he has to go through this acrobatic routine to put "earmuffs" on his motor to flush it out. Makes me really appreciate the flush fitting on my 225 4-stroke. Is there any way to retrofit a flush fitting on the older Yamahas so the earmuffs are no longer necessary?

Second question - not Parker-related but I need the collective wisdom. I just acquired an UltraNautics JetStar jet boat and I don't know anything about jet drives. I went out to the Jetstar forum and it made me really appreciate the depth of knowledge on this forum. Not much help there. I need to know how to apply cooling water to let me test run it on the trailer. If somebody out there knows these toys, please PM me.

Thanks and happy holidays!

andertonm":36vo1gj2 said:
Merry Christmas everybody! I have a question for a relative who has an older Yamaha 225 2-stroke on a 23 Grady. When he gets his boat home on the lift, he has to go through this acrobatic routine to put "earmuffs" on his motor to flush it out. Makes me really appreciate the flush fitting on my 225 4-stroke. Is there any way to retrofit a flush fitting on the older Yamahas so the earmuffs are no longer necessary?

Not sure what 225 Yamaha your friend has, but my 1997 Yamaha 225 SaltWater Series II motor has a built-in flush fitting, and I would suspect your friends motor does too.

Look on the port side of the motor at the base of the cowling. You should see a black female garden hose size fitting with a rubber hose coming out of it and going up into the cowl.

Un-screw the black fitting... attach your hose, and flush away!

Caution: Do not attempt to run the motor while running water through this fitting. It is for flushing only, and is not intended to cool the motor while it is running.

Back