Mooring problem for Parker Pros

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRUE BLUE

Reaction score
I have a 2520, first year on the mooring after a few in the slip. I got a 3/4 single pennant, about 16 ft. Since I have an anchor on the pulpit, I went direct to one cleat. Turns out the pennant started to break up the side flange on the pulpit right at the base due to the swing. I was thinking of a bridle but I think it would break up both sides. I took the anchor off and went direct over the pulpit to stop the damage. But now I have to reconnect the anchor and pickup bouy every time I go out and come in. It doesn't seem right. Does anyone have a solution or system to cure this problem?

I"m the opposite, on a slip for several years but started on mooring.

I had the marina add a second pennant. I also at times when there was one or when visiited elsewhere with one, used an anchor hanger.

I added it to the pulpit railing. I let out more anchor line and put the anchor up in the chock above the pulpit. then I could pull the line up through the pulpit roller to a cleat.

This is on a 2530. Some pics showing layout, and one showing anchor in the chock from a picture at a dock.

Dana

Attachments

• P1020340 (Medium).JPG
    P1020340 (Medium).JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 793
  • DSC03186 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03186 (Medium).JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 793
  • boat at dockside_1002.jpg
    boat at dockside_1002.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 793
Thanks for the reply and clever solution of the anchor hanger. I assume they're sold at marine supply places? This fix would mean I would have to switch from the Delta I usually use to a Danforth it seems. Is there any solution for the Delta?

True Blue, sorry, assumed was a more traditional anchor.

I use a Fortress.

I'll think about it while others that have your anchor say something.

You could also add your own lighter duty line to the mooring ball with a shackle yourself.

Dana

You seem to be saying that a double pennant or bridle eiminates the pulpit damage. I felt it would cause damage to both sides, but don't know for sure.

Schafer makes the rail mount to hold Danforth style flukes. West Marine has one for about $50.

For what I've seen Delta anchors stay on the roller mount.

Dana

I've always used a double pennant on my 2520 and have had no wear to pulpit or rub rail. I have been using 3/4" double braid with stainless thimbles attached to a pear ring. I found the weight of the thimbles, pear and shackle to be somewhat heavy and made my mooring ball list to side. I'm having a 5/8" set made now and expect the lighter hardware to make a difference. I'll photo my 3/4" setup and put up for sale on the classifieds page for someone with a larger mooring ball.

Latest posts

Back