Mortice Lock part number for Parker 2830

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaginCajun

Reaction score
Anyone know which Perko mortice lock set I have? I'm stumped that the original one is oval but the new offerings are square. I think it will fit but would have preferred an in kind replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_9970.JPG
    IMG_9970.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9971.JPG
    IMG_9971.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9972.JPG
    IMG_9972.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 11.28.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 11.28.57 AM.png
    472.1 KB · Views: 0
Unofrtunately, it doesn't look like they have the same thing anymore so it will probably be easier to move on to something different than find any old stock of that model. Might be good to remove what you have and decide if you can clean up the door and measurements for mounts, or if the door is marked up you could look for something that has bigger plates to cover what was there. Some modification may be necessary of course.

And most of what I've seen for cabin door handles has as separate deadbolt in addition to the handle latch. Might consider that if you're upgrading.
PERKO Inc.
and
PERKO Inc.

I used the same thing Navigator posted as a replacement since it was a simple replacement with no extra modification, but all the perko stuff is chrome plated and doesn't seem to hold up well. If you can find something stainless, I'd go that route. If I was starting over, I'd just get plastic dog handles to hold the door shut when needed and then get a separate lock, probably just a hasp style.
The AdvanTec Store: HANDLES & DOGS/Dogs

I found out the hard way that this lock doesn't work and I goofed around too long before installing it and can't return it. Will post it for sale soon.

1680282389391.pngIMG_9674.JPGIMG_9676.JPGIMG_0712.JPGIMG_0711.JPG1680282917139.png

Perko wasn't much help and denied that the lock is a Perko despite it having a Perko knob.

Hello, Sir,

First thank you for your email. We are sorry Amazon is doing this however we do not sell retail or use Amazon as a sales outlet. We only sell to OEM and Distributors who in turn sell to dealers and they might sell thru Amazon. We can not help you with the return. Second that mortise lock in your photos, is not a Perko Product. If it was it would say Perko on the knob. We do not see our name on it. We suggest you contact Parker boats they may be able to help you. Unfortunately our records only go back to 2006 at the time Parker was buying the #0918, #0919 and the #0921. We've provided links to our catalog on both of these so you can see them.

PERKO Inc. - Catalog - Locks & Latches - Rim Lock Set [0918]

PERKO Inc.

PERKO Inc. - Catalog - Locks & Latches - Rim Lock Set [0919]

Thank you

Parker said they don't have records for that model going back that far, so strike 3 there...

Back to the drawing board.

Back