Mounting a Leaning Post in 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Bro

Reaction score
Folks,

I have decided to replace the cooler seat in my 1801 with a leaning post this summer. I requested a schematic from Parker and it was sent to me showing that the 60 gallon fuel tank is approximately 17.5" wide and pretty much centered on the keel. Since the legs of the leaning post are approximately 31" apart, I am no longer concerned that I would drill through the deck when screwing in the legs.

Would you suggest through bolting the legs, or is the deck sturdy enough just to screw the legs too? What would you suggest as the best approach to keep water from soaking into the deck? Brush on a little epoxy after drilling pilot holes? Or use 5200 as a bedding agent?

Since the leaning post is anodized aluminum, what type of screws would you suggest that I use to minimize electrolysis between the fastener and post leg?

Thanks for your advice as I would have never attempted this job before I saw all the amazing projects that people have completed (and documented with great photos!) on this board.

Best regards,

Todd

Back