mounting liferaft cradle

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
I am getting ready to install a cradle for a life raft on the top of the cabin of my 2530 and was wondering if there was anything I should beware of. I am planning on through bolting the cradle ( 1/4" alum. flat bar) from below with 3/8 bolts w/ flat washers. Any need for a backing plate on bottom? Plan on caulking w/ 5200 is that sufficient or do I need to do more? Raft weighs about 80 lbs .Boat is an 07 if that makes a difference. Any advice would be helpful and thanks in advance.

Mark,

I just sent you a PM regarding the same install on my 2530.

But I forgot to mention one thing! :roll:

If you have RADAR on your boat, you will need to get an extension of “X” length to get your RADAR sensor UP to clear the canister/cradle: to get a clear 360 RADAR sweep.

For Empty Pockets, I changed out the 5” Power Tower strut for a 10” Power Tower. My canister/cradle combo was 11.5” tall. The sensor in my RADAR is right where the ‘Furuno’ is on the dome. A 10” tower gives me about 2.5” of clearance on the canister/cradle (and Rocket Launchers too!).

Show us some photo’s of your boat and install! :mrgreen:

Kevin G.

Thanks Kevin for the info. I also went with a 6 man coastal but a zodiac. The canister is only 8" tall and with the cradle should sit about 9 1/2" off the top of the house. I made the cradle myself seeing as zodiac wanted over 600 bucks for theirs. Didnt look like it but it must have been gold plated. I spent 40 bucks on some alum. flat bar and welded up my own. Its at the powdercoater now (50 bucks) but when I install I will take some pictures. It is pretty sad but my boat is a year old and I dont really have any pictures. Should not be any problem with the radar. thanks again

Back