mounting radar dome

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
removed old radome (raymarine)and trying to install new dome(furuno)the raymarine was mounted directly to the roof.the holes are too far apart and don't match up to the furuno.i don't want to drill 4 new holes in my roof.any suggestions???all the radar mounts i've checked into would require 4 new hole :(

You might fill the holes in a new radar mount and drill new holes there? I have filled holes in my Yamaha cavitation plate with the putty like epoxy then spay painted them and they look fine. You could fill the four roof holes too without much effort of skill - lots on help here on that under replacing trim tabs. You could contact Bill (or another custom radar mount builder) at:

http://www.nauticalcreations.com/radar%20mount%20.htm

and ask him to not drill holes in the base (and the top) if you want to do your own drilling and you can tell him the dimensions you want on the base & top. You could bolt on a thin base plate of starboard or aluminum with the existing holes and they mount on that.

Just rambling..............Pete K.

The easiest thing to do would be to get a radar mount or wedge mount that matches your new radar, and has no holes, as Greatcir said. Then you can mark the old holes onto the bottom of the plate, and drill it. Then mount it in the old holes. You could also use a thick piece of plate, and countersink the holes for the new radome.

Back