Moving rocker switch panel

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KPalm

Reaction score
On my 96 21'DVCC the switch panel is inconvienently located in the helm glovebox. First problem is that you have to bend down and look in the glove box to see which switch to throw or you need to memorize the order of switches and get you finger on the top switch and start counting until you reach the one you are looking for. I was wondering if any one has moved their panel to the top of the helm (near the wheel and other gauges) and if they used after market or purchased something directly from Parker. Thanks for the help and happy holidays

I don't think it will fit- its a vertical panel and I think I'll need horizontal. I also don't believe it was made to withstand full exposure- that's why it's in the glovebox. Sorry- no pics- boat is bubble wrapped and blocked at storage yard

Thanks for the reoply. I have already been checking out the Blue Sea and Paneltronics options; now I just have to hope for the right gift card for Xmas

I used these guys for switches for my spreader bar lights and they did an excellent job.

http://newwiremarine.com/

The switches are mounted on my console and are very durable. You can customize them as you like. I have a 2300CC (2006) and my switches are in the same location as your and I've have the same thoughts to move them. Let me know how you make out!!!

Knot at Work":2nf583ou said:
I used these guys for switches for my spreader bar lights and they did an excellent job.

http://newwiremarine.com/

The switches are mounted on my console and are very durable. You can customize them as you like. I have a 2300CC (2006) and my switches are in the same location as your and I've have the same thoughts to move them. Let me know how you make out!!!

I found this thread on THT......I have been looking for years for a solution to the stock switches. I need the horizontal text and the actual text illuminated when on. Finally found it. Will be ordering soon.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-for ... ine.html#b

Just a note about the panel that was made.

380721d1386636748-i-can-read-my-switches-firs-time-thank-you-new-wire-marine-after.jpg

That switch at the top......"Main" is a reduntent switch and is not needed. The "Main" is your Master battery switch.

That setup would be like going in your bedroom and having to turn 2 switches ON to get the lights to come ON.....

warthog5":2uu0mjpx said:
Just a note about the panel that was made.

380721d1386636748-i-can-read-my-switches-firs-time-thank-you-new-wire-marine-after.jpg

That switch at the top......"Main" is a reduntent switch and is not needed. The "Main" is your Master battery switch.

That setup would be like going in your bedroom and having to turn 2 switches ON to get the lights to come ON.....

I just got my switches, need to install them. On my panel, when you hit the nav/anchor switch, the rest of the labels will light up at night rather than using a redundant switch.

If I'm thinking right.....Really need to see how it's wired.

The "Main" at the top turns ON / OFF power to the rest of the CB's and then on in to the switches.

The above statement about the NAV switch highlights the labling so you can see which switch is what.

warthog5":19fzxsk6 said:
If I'm thinking right.....Really need to see how it's wired.

The "Main" at the top turns ON / OFF power to the rest of the CB's and then on in to the switches.

The above statement about the NAV switch highlights the labling so you can see which switch is what.

I got new switches as well, that have an independent lamp which will light up when they are all wired together. As soon as I can get time to install, I will post it up.

Back