Murrells inlet SC.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyAmalfitano

Reaction score
Anyone from the Murrells Inlet or Myrtle Beach area of S.C.? I'll be heading there in June for a little vacation, and I'm looking for some heads up on the local area. I'll be bringing a 14' inflatable to putts around in some. (Only boat I have right now.)
A friend/co-worker is letting us use his condo in Garden City. He's on his way to Iraq for his 2nd tour. He's flying out of Bragg on the Jan. 31. My knife is going with him for it's 2nd tour also. He has my knife, I get his condo, fair trade I think. He'll be near a town called Samarra at FOB Brassfield-Mora, a real s--t hole.

I am a graduate of the fine University outside of Myrtle Beach named Coastal Carolina Univ. I lived in Surfside Beach for 3 years. You will have a lot of fun :!:

Make sure your buddy brings your knife back!

He's Army Reserve Civil Affairs (SF) he does have a gun to take into the gun fight, he didn't have a combat knife. The knife still has blood on it from his last tour. He didn't tell me where (who's) blood it was, and I didn't ask. He has three standing rules I gave him, all involve how not to loose my knife. Those rules brought him back in 2003(with my knife), I hope they work in 2008.
EYES UP!

Other then having fun, are there any places that should make the must see/do list in the area?

Tony,
I have a house in Myrtle Beach and go to Murrells Inlet often. I was just there in November inquiring about the fishing . I was told there is great flounder fishing in the creeks of Murrells Inlet. I was asking because I plan on keeping my 18 foot Lund down there if I can find storage at reasonable price.
Murrels Inlet also has great places to eat. When you go try a place called Drunken Jacks, you won't be disapointed.
George

Holy Cow, it's been a long time since I've been on here. Been tending to my health and planning my future. I'm going to "Pull the Pin" at the end of the year. Hanging up the duty leather and takin' off the badge. I start school in July for my new skills. 8) Thanks for the info, Drunken Jacks sounds like my kind of place! You wouldn't happen to know the chart number for the area? I guess I could look it up.

Just got back from Myrtle Beach. The weather was great in the mid 60's. I rented a 17 foot Carolinia Skiff for a afternoon of fishing. Didn't do so good fighing but what a great boat for the creeks there. There is a gas station on the north side if Murrells inlet that rents the boat for 120.00 for the day or 80 for 1/2 day. Its across from the biker bar Suck, Bang, Blow.

The 17' skiff sounds like fun, so does "Suck, Bang, Blow." But I think I'll drag my 14' inflatable and 8 Horse along for a day or two of exploring.

You will love it. There are a lot of little creeks that run off the main inlet once you get out, and the water is very calm. There is a public ramp half way down the road on road that runs the lenth of the Inlet. As for Suck, Bang, Blow its probably in line with plain Jane.

Holy Cow! Plain Jane's! That place has been dead since we fought and won the battle with the BREED MC (club?) That was, heck, 10 years ago or more.

Latest posts

Back